How to Launch Parental Controls for Mac OS X Leopard
As Mac OS X Leopard user, you can launch parental controls for Mac OS X Leopard or a keylogger for Mac to prevent your little kids from accessing inappropriate content on Internet websites. The following procedures are the tips about how to launch parental controls for Mac OS X Leopard.
Launch parental controls for Mac OS X Leopard
1. Click the icon of System Preferences in the Dock, or select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
2. In the System section of System Preferences, click the Parental Controls icon. The Parental controls window will open.
3. Click the lock icon in the left-hand corner of the bottom. You will need to provide an administrator user name and password before you can continue. Enter the administrator name and passwords. Then, click OK.
4. Select a user account that you would like to enable blocker for in the left pane.
5. After selecting an account, you will see several options for controlling at the top of the window, including System, Content, Mail&ichat, Time Limits and Logs. You can use these parental control options just as you like.
For example, if you want to block a certain web page, click the Content option, chose the second mode (Try to limit access to adult websites automatically) in Website Restrictions section, click Customize. Add the address of the web page to the blacklist( Never allow these sites). Then, your kids can never access this web page anymore.
If you want to track which sites your kids have viewed, just click the Logs option. These are all the steps of launching parental controls for Mac OS X Leopard.
Use Third-Party Parental Control Software for Mac
Tips above are easy to get around. You can also use third-party parental control software to monitor your kids’ online activities, such as Aobo keylogger for Mac. Aobo Mac OS X Keylogger is a powerful keylogger for Mac on the market with remote monitoring support. It supports captures screenshots, stealth keystroke recording and can send the logs by FTP or email in real time. It is a necessity as long as you want to keep a safe eye on your kids online.
In conclusion, you can not only launch parental controls for Mac OS X Leopard, but also use a keylogger for Mac to monitor your kids’ Mac activities and ensure their safety online.
Category: Articles and Tips