Parenting Tips To Create A Safe Online Environment for Your Kids
In the article, you will learn about useful parental tips to create a safe online environment for your kids. There are so many dangers on the Internet, so it’s necessary for parents to take action to create a clean and secure online environment for kids.
The Reason for Creating a Safe Online Environment for Your Children
Kids today are growing up with the internet opened, they are being to approach the net and show curiousness to the Internet at a young age. The Internet is an Information Superhighway, but it’s also the porn and predator parkway. Unfortunately, it makes kids vulnerable to porn, phishing scams, cyberbullying, and Internet predators. As parents, you need to be padding-right alongside kids or at least observing kids carefully from the shore when they are surfing the net. Here are several ways you can help your kids surf the Internet more safely.
Tips for Creating A Secure Online Environment
Read the following parental tips and you will understand how to create a secure online environment for your children.
Do Homework at First
Social networking sites, chat rooms, iTunes, and IM are unfamiliar terrain to many parents. To create a safety Internet for kids, parents need to do some research and learn more about the Internet. Then differentiate what’s available for kids and what may lead to potential harm.
Specify Standards Surfing Online
- Block access to materials (text and pictures) identified as inappropriate for kids with a web filter.
- Permit access only to materials specifically approved as safe for kids.
- Monitor your children’s activity on the Internet by storing names of sites and/or snapshots of material seen by your children on the computer for you to view later.
- Set different restrictions for each family member.
- Enforce time limits if necessary.
Educate Your Children
- Ensure your kids follow the rules online. For example, the recommended age for signing up for social web sites is usually 13 and over.
- Insist that your children never meet anyone in person that they’ve communicated with online only.
- Ensure your kids don’t use full names but a nickname on the Internet.
- Teach your children about cyberbullying.
Know What They Do Online
- Sit down with your children and watch what they are doing.
- Get your kids to explain what is going on. It’s also a good idea to regularly check kids’ browser history to know where they go online.
Try Easemon Parental Control Tool
If you have limited time to do this, many kinds of parental control tools could help you to do the monitoring and recording work. Once installed, the parental control software, such as Easemon keystroke logger, will record the keystrokes typed, websites visited, chat conversations, and applications used which are sent by email. Monitoring makes you more available to spot trouble that your kid may not know he or she is in.
- Desktop Screenshots
- Email Recording
- Chat Logging
- Websites Visited
- Application Usage
- Keystroke Logging
- Alert and Notification
- Work in Invisible Mode
- Remote Control
From what has been discussed above, it can be found that there are quite a few parental tips to create a safe online environment for your kids. The most effective and time-saving method would be a parental control app like Easemon monitoring software.
Tags: block porn, Create A Safe Online Environment for Your Kids, Create Kids A Safe Online Environment, cyberbullying, Keystroke Logger, monitoring, Online safety, Parental Control, parental tips, web filter
Category: Articles and Tips